Being a cosmopolitan city, Christmas in Bangalore is more than a celebration, it’s a feeling of togetherness and camaraderie. Christmas in this city is all about its pleasantly chill climate and the smell of freshly baked plum cakes from the kitchens of many…
Being a cosmopolitan city, Christmas in Bangalore is more than a celebration, it’s a feeling of togetherness and camaraderie. Christmas in this city is all about its pleasantly chill climate and the smell of freshly baked plum cakes from the kitchens of many households and bakers. The streets are embellished with twinkling lights, mistletoes, Christmas trees, Santa Clauses and what not.
Bangalore takes Christmas to an all new level with a spirit that no other metropolis seems to match. The city also arranges a variety of programmes and exhibitions along with tours during this season.
Central Bangalore – where Christmas Comes Alive
If you must really experience the soul of Christmas spirit in Bengaluru, then head to these areas .
- One glance at Brigade Road is all you need to know that Christmas is here again. The street will be filled with flashy lights, colours and Christmas trees. For the shoppers’ delight the season also brings the best out of this fashion paradise – new collection of apparels, accessories, shoes and much more.
- Commercial Street, Chickpete and Frazer Town and MG Road will be glittering on the days to Christmas, and it will never disappoint when it comes to Christmas shopping.
- Walk along while grabbing a bite on the way and you will reach St Patrick’s Church. You can attend the midnight mass if you are the religious type or just enjoy the spectacular view of the Christmas tree and the beautifully adorned crib specially arranged to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
- For the staunch Christians, who want to spend their Christmas with prayers and rituals, Bangalore has its share of beautiful churches such as Infant Jesus Church at Vivek Nagar, St. Francis Xavier’s Cathedral at Frazer town, Holy Trinity Church at MG road, St. Mary’s Basilica at Shivaji Nagar and Bethel Assembly of God Church.
- Many malls, and grand hotels like Leela Palace and Taj also make their guests experience the Christmas cheer with the help of towering decorated trees, gingerbread houses and classic Christmas decorations.
Dine With Elan on Christmas Eve
From traditional turkey dinners to grand European six-course fare, Bangalore never disappoints when it comes to food. The city is teeming with fine dining restaurants and budget eating joints. If you are spending your Christmas eve in the city never hesitate to explore the multiple dining options. You are sure to be spoilt for choice.
The Oberoi located in MG Road, is one place which guarantees an elaborate Christmas dinner that includes Roast Turkey, Pan Seared Duck Breast and Plum Pudding, Honey Glazed Ham, Lobster and Porcini Chowder and Mince Pie. Some of the other fine dining restaurants offering special Christmas dinners are in Lavelle Road, Whitefield, Taj in Race Course Road, Wood Street and UB City.
Christmas ‘Under the Sun’
Under the Sun villas are built like homes of old times, which always had room for festivities and friends. People can truly celebrate Christmas with their loved ones without having to worry about space or privacy. You can host lavish spreads thanks to the spaciously designed dining rooms, or have a relaxed supper on the wide-open portico by the pool (each villa comes with its own custom swimming pool). You can also savour the small joys of sitting by the villa porch and soaking in the evening as you sip your wine.
What would make the whole experience even more worthwhile would be the fact that this villa is located so close to the Kempegowda International Airport (Bangalore); just 5.5 km away from Bengaluru International Airport flyover, so you or your guests are never late to get back to that all-important trip.